Finn Valley College takes its responsibility to safeguard all students in their care extremely seriously. The school has two Child Safeguarding officers:
Mr Alan Thompson, Principal is the Designated Liaison Person (DLP) with Tusla, Child & Family Agency for Finn Valley College
Ms Kathleen Boland, Deputy Principal is the Deputy Designated Liaison Person (DDLP) with Tusla, Child & Family Agency for Finn Valley College
The school seeks to ensure that every step is taken to safeguard the children in its care. These measures include:
- Vetting of all staff who work with children.
- Employment of fully registered teachers with the Teaching Council.
- Provision of CPD to all staff.
- An annual written risk assessment which will be reviewed and published each year.
- An annual safeguarding statement which will be reviewed and published each year.
- Support for students and families who may have experienced difficulties in the area of child welfare and / or child protection.
- Compliance with the procedures laid down by the Department of Education & Skills
Academic Year 2019/20