Hi and Welcome to our Health Promoting School Page!
Our aim is to make the school a happy healthy place for all. As part of our Health Promoting Schools Programme, students chose the theme of Physical Activity. FVC are being challenged to “get fit get active”.
Our team is made up of the students:
Zara Gibson, Jason Patton,Beth Mc Crory, Amylee Henderson, Eanna Mc Dermott, Chloe Harris, Oisin Fullen, Kiarah Scully. And two wonderful teachers who give up their time and put great effort into everything we’ve done: Ms Mc Granaghan & Ms Butler
Over the last two years, the committee have worked to encourage students, parents and staff of FVC to get active. Past activities have included:
- E.U. week of sport where we dropped everything and exercised, learnt from guest speakers, had a one mile treasure hunt and finished off with a Teacher v Student Team Challenge.
- The students have been great at participating competitively in soccer, rugby, athletics, gaelic, basketball etc. They have participated in the 6 week Bleep Test to enhance fitness.
- Our “Make the right click” challenge was an orienteering team exercise for students. The idea is to encourage us to choose fun activities instead of technology.
- Staff have been active through their involvement in the Bleep Test, Climbing Errigal and doing Pilates at lunchtime.
- Finally our parents have been encouraged through their involvement in a Couch to 5k and also family challenges
Winners from our Active schools week Quiz