What is Adult Guidance?
Donegal Adult Learner Guidance Service is a professional, confidential and impartial educational guidance service that can offer you help and support in exploring the options that are available to you and to help you decide what steps to take next. Our priority is to help those who feel they did not do so well at school or who left school early and who now want a second chance to improve their education.
Adult guidance can help you:
- Identify your skills, interests and goals in life
- Explore your learning options and ways of moving forward
- Overcome issues that may be holding you back
- Find the support you need to achieve your goals
Who can access Adult Guidance?
Adults on the Donegal VEC VTOS, Learning for Living, BTEI and Community Education programmes and adults who wish to return to learning but do not know what to do or where to start looking and who are in receipt of social welfare benefits or who are dependant on someone who is in receipt of social welfare benefits.
What does Adult Guidance offer?
- Individual support tailored to your needs
- One to one sessions with a guidance counsellor by appointment
- Access to local and national information on colleges, further education, training courses and careers
- Advice on funding opportunities
- Access to a network of training, welfare and personal support organisations
What will Adult Guidance cost?
There is no charge for the service