The Department of Education and Skills approved the establishment of a school in Carrick in 1952 which was originally situated in The Red House on the Teelin Road until 1958 when a new two-roomed school was opened with fifty nine students. 1959 saw further refurbishment with an increase in staff and pupil numbers. Enrolment grew over the years and further rooms were rented to accommodate the numbers.
In 1969/70 five prefabs were added to the school accommodation aa at this time there were 196 students and 15 teachers with rooms in the Old National School still being used. During the 1973/1974 School Year a further four prefabs were added to the School as the enrolement had further increased. In 1982/1983 Phase 1, comprising a Science Laboratory and Engineering Room was built, followed by a substantial new school building which was officially opened in 1990 by the then Minister for Education & Science, Mary O Rourke, T.D. The name of the school was changed to Coláiste na Carraige in 2011.
Coláiste na Carraige, An Charraig ,Co. Dhún na nGall 074 9739071
|Pádraig Ó Léime, Principal, email@example.com|
|Stephanie O'Gara, Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org|